This month, my skin guru,shares how you can sculpt your face naturally.
One of the most common requests I get from patients is to have a more refined, sculpted face. If you are not gifted with cheekbones like Angelina Jolie or a jawline Keira Knightley, and do not want to opt for fillers to or haven’t got the time to fake it with a contouring brush, there are alternatives.
There are several exercises that you can do to improve your facial definition. These exercises will help to strengthen and tone your face and best of all they do not require equipment.
My favourite three are these exercises:
• Puffy Cheeks and Pursed Lips : offers an intense facial workout
To perform it:
1. Pull your cheeks in and purse your lips to make the fish face.
2. Hold your lips in the pursed position as much as possible while you fill your cheeks with air.
3. Move the air from one cheek to the next, holding it on each side for 5 seconds.
4. Repeat 10 times and relax.
• Cheek Lift: will work the upper muscles in your cheeks, which will help to lift your face and give it a leaner appearance.
To perform it:
1. Close your lips gently together.
2. Pull the tops of your cheeks up toward your eyes in an exaggerated squint.
3. Push your cheeks up from the bottom by raising up the corners of your lips into a smile.
4. Hold for 10 seconds and relax. Repeat.
• Smile: Believe it or not, smiling widely and holding it for 10 seconds at a time can be a great way to work your cheek muscles. Best of all, you never have to feel foolish while you perform this exercise, and it’s guaranteed to help lift your mood as well.
However, the downside is that unless the exercises are repeated regularly, you will lose the results you have achieved quite rapidly.
Of course, one way to achieve that sculpted look more permanently is through treatments and there are two in particular that I think offer fantastic results.
The revolutionary Fotona 4d Facelift is a new, non-surgical procedure that offers the chance for all skin-types to experience facial rejuvenation without any of the negative impacts of surgery. The specialist treatment works effectively against any signs of sagging or wrinkling, and will combat all of the physical markers of ageing. During the procedure, the entire cheek, jowls and lips are treated to restore and enhance the natural collagen. Not only does this unique combination of laser lifting technology ensure that your skin is restored to its natural and youthful appearance, but the advanced scientific technology also works alongside the skin’s natural defences to provide a result that is immediate and long lasting. I would recommend a minimum of 3 sessions and a maximum of 6 sessions, spaced out one month apart so the collagen has time to grow.
Another option is Ultherapy, which is loved by many of Hollywood’s finest. With its ability to stimulate collagen production to tighten the skin around the neck and face, it’s the perfect treatment for those who don’t need (or who are not ready for) a facelift. What’s more, those who have tried the revolutionary treatment are still reaping the benefits two years later. While the full results will only be visible within two to three months as the collagen keeps regenerating itself, you do notice an instant lift with skin tightened and lifted by 30 per cent. With the process triggering the body’s natural response to repair-heal and to replace the damaged cells with fresh, collagen-rich tissue, over time this new collagen lifts the skin, leading to a more sculpted appearance.